2011年1月8日 星期六

A view from Mount Ritter

Summary:

The author began his article by describing the situation and exploration they faced on the Mount Ritter.

During the first week, the weather was nice. However, weather had change during the second week. The rain fell really fast and it was very heavy. This serious rain lasted for the whole day and stopped them from exploring the Mount Ritter. They had no choice but found a nearest shelter and build a tent. At first, the author thought it was the worst day he ever had in his life. He was wet and cold, and felt sick of the weather. Standing 13,000 above the sea level, the air was clear and fresh. The fresh air made him think about his high school year and the life after he gradated from high school, which was the thing he had never thought about before. During the freshman and sophomore year, he refused all the suggestions and cared that his parents and teachers had offered, he strongly believed his own thoughts were right and resisted all other outside voice. And now he felt regret what he had done a lot. He should have to listen to parents and teachers opinion. Mount Ritter was a turning point for him, and he started to think about changing. He deeply believed that life contained both mistakes and success, and it was not too late to change.

After back to school, he tried so hard to buckle up and prepare for his life after graduated from high school. The adventure definitely changed his attitude to life.

Reflection:

The author used many amazing words and sentences to describe the photographic scene he experienced. The vivid descriptions made me feel like that I was in his story as well. Apparently, you could find that the author took a meaningful trip through the article. And because of this unforgettable adventure, it made him think thoroughly about his life. And he was also willing to turn over a new leaf and did some changes for his future. The story also told me that it was never too late for change.

I would like to share with you my experience about changing. That was a tough time for me when I was a high school student. There was so much tests and homework that I was unable to deal with the pressure of those works. I had no target for my future and I even confused that why I need to learn the subjects I was not interested in. I became a bad temper girl; every thing bothered me a lot. One day, my Mom told me that I should get rid of this kind of negative attitude. With negative attitude, I wouldn’t feel happy in learning. It also made me lose a lot of opportunities to gain knowledge. She thought high school was the best time to learn. If you missed the time, you would feel regret one day. If you couldn’t solve this initial problem, which meant you also couldn’t solve your problems in the future.

After listening what my Mom said, I thought that I should find a way to solve this kind of negative attitude. Therefore, when I felt upset in full of works, I would tell myself to take a break instead of having negative thoughts. In this way, I found I was good at relieving pressure.

沒有留言:

張貼留言