2011年1月9日 星期日

Male fixations

Summary

Men are born to fix things historically. Men take the responsibility to do fixations so as to avoid cleaning. Dave Barry gives his own examples to describe that it is men’s damned fate to fix in “Male fixations.”

When there is something wrong in the house, the author will pretend to take a look at and say that everything is fine finally. This is all because his lack of fixing ability but he also has to pretend well-known for men’s dignity. He complains his disability for the tonsillitis. In his school time, he was absent due to the tonsillitis one day. His absence resulted that he missed the chance to acquire the knowledge of machinery with his classmates. Thus, he regards that he don’t know how to fix things deservedly.
There is another example when he was forced by a mechanical guy. One day a salesman told the author that every man should have instinctive ability to repack a bearing. Being afraid of salesman’s noogie, the author nodded his head knowingly though he was never sure what a bearing is.

The author always uses his technical trick to disguise that there is nothing wrong everywhere. He shows that this is a guy’s natural tendency to act as is they are in control of everything in the world.

Reflections

Actually I also have the cognition that men always have to fix all stuffs. I even believe that every man know repairs since they were born. I think that men are supposed to repair things owing to their strength.

The reason why I have this kind of thought is due to my father. If there are any household appliances or any problems in the house, my father can solve them by himself. He likes to DIY like making wooden cabinets and repairing furniture. In addition to fixing, my father is good at house works as well. To others’ amazement, he is especially good at cooking meals. I have missed his meals all the time when I go to the college. He is a man who has the ability combing fixing and house works. As I growing up, I realize that not every man can fix things. I become adoring my father much more. I definitely recommend he as the model of every man.

Although there is no rule that men have to know how to repair, men must learn a bit of the ability in my opinion. Girls are lack of the strength to do some heavy works, so they need men’s help sometimes. In fact, everyone has to know how to deal with the problems happening in daily life. This is the first lesson we have to learn when being independent.

沒有留言:

張貼留言