2011年1月7日 星期五

A View from Mount Ritter

Summary:

A View from Mount Ritter is written by Joseph T. O’ Connor. This article is described that he through the two weeks mountain expedition to Mount Ritter in California that remind him about the life reflection. Joseph T. O’Connor pondered the attitude of life.

At the beginning, He joined a mountain expedition for two weeks. He encountered the bad weather, such as torrents, hailstones, storms. They flustered of the lighting to find some places where shield had. After that, they found a forest and settle down for the night. Joseph said that he the hell of night since he was born. The two weeks mountain expedition’s experiences became a memorable journey, in his mind everything like happened yesterday. This is the worth experiences in his life. Through the two weeks mountain expedition, located at top of the Mount Ritter where altitude 13,000 feet high, his clear head made him just like reborn for two weeks. He started to consider “Life after high school” seriously.

Finally, he understood the mistakes whose did in the past; and he agreed with the quotation of Oscar Wilde. That was “To get back one’s youth one has merely to repeat one’s follies.” He rejected the suggestions that the people were sincere to help him in his youth. He lived in the own world which is opinionated. He awareness that his stupidity. He changed his attitude in the final year of high school. He got the Honor Roll first time and wished for go to college after graduate.

Reflection:

In reading of A View from Mount Ritter, the writer used vivid descriptions, dialogues, and action verbs to attract reader to enjoy the writing. The writer wrote elaboration situation that the writer met in the mountain expedition. Through the experiences of expedition made the writer consider about his life. It seems the period of youth for lots of people had did some silly things and from that to earn some experiences.

Through some hard situations make me grew up quickly. It was a cruel and important lesson, it make me to reflect my learning attitude. Based on the different background of educational policy and social form between Taiwan and Macao, most of the students have the different attitude in their study process. My attitude had been changed during I was in junior high school. I was transfer to another high school. It is a turning point in my school life. I have to adapt to the new situations. The hard way is that the new school has the different study style with the junior high school. The new school claims that the student-based education theory, it’s study depending on the students. It means I have to make the learning schedule and group projects for my study. I can’t follow the study way in the past. I have a well preparation for the discussion. I check the effect of the study is only through the public examinations. The fail results reminded and pushed me hard in self-learning.

It was wrong about the things that I used to be. I don’t notice in the past. The new situation and things provides a good way for me to face of the mistake.

沒有留言:

張貼留言