2011年1月10日 星期一

Summary and Response- Male fixations

Male fixations- Summary


        It seems to be the nature ability for men to fix everything wrong. Men usually take fixing for their born responsibility to avoid cleaning. However, Dave Barry takes himself for examples and do not agree this convention idea at all.

        Whenever the author has to face the fixing problems in the house, he will act professionally to check it out and always say that everything is fine. Even if the machine makes loudly noise, he still wants to has the face rather than admit there is something wrong. Actually, all he does are because of his lake ability of fixing knowledge. He always blames it on his disability for the tonsillitis. Because of the tonsillitis, he missed some class of machine. He thinks it is all because the tonsillitis to make him have no idea about machine.

        Moreover, he had ever had a roommate who knows the machine a lot. He therefore has the huge pressure about that. Besides, there is still a bad experience for him. A salesman imply him that man should know about how to re-pack bearing as a man. With the afraid of others’ discrimination, he had just to pretend to know how to do.The author just used to using his pretending skill to keep men’s dignity and shows us men’s responses to make everything in control.


Male fixations- Response

        After reading the article, I cannot deny that I expect men can fix the machine-related problems and solve the emergency problems. Although I want to feel sorry about them, I still cannot realize why they always look confident whenever I ask them to solve problems. After some experiences, I become believe myself than men.

        There is an example of my male friend. We had an experience to go traveling by car without GPS. I found there is something wrong with him. Actually, I can felt strongly that he got lost. Nevertheless, when I asked him, he just told me that he could found the correct location. Even then, he would not believe what direction I pointed to him. Finally, the fact proved that I have more sense of direction than he does. This is the first time I start to suspect the ability of men.

        The other bad experience happened when I traveled by myself with my elder brother. One day of our traveling, we missed the last buss. Before I started to worry what we should do next, my brother cried loudly and told me that he would never be the packager. Finally, I took this baby brother to the hotel.

        After these two experiences, I start not to believe men. I find women can do things well by us, because most of men I know act with proud and have no ability do things well. I believe women can fix things out. Indeed, they must do in this new generation.





沒有留言:

張貼留言