2011年1月11日 星期二

Summary and Response- A View from Mount Ritter

A View from Mount Ritter- Summary


        People usually alter their attitude after experiencing unforgettable disaster. The author, Joseph T. O’Connor, also experienced it which makes him change a lot when he was a senior high teenage. Before the event, he was a rebellion teenager. However, things changed after he decided to join a mountaineering program.

        In his two weeks long adventure, something unusual happened to him. This uncommon event happened on second-week Tuesday. The weather changed in every moment without any warning. The blue sky also changed to dark, and it became everything wrong. It rained a lot and the thunderstorm kept all day long. Before they found a shelter, the lightning struck closely to the author. Then, the unforgiving pouring downpour made the author experience his worst night building their tents in cold and darkness and stay awake all night. 
        Luckily, he was reborn after that event. He always ignored others’ suggestion before. But, he changes his attitude to the people now. Nevertheless, he starts to buckle down in his final year in high school. He finds his goal of life. The ending of the authors’ story just as Jonathan Harker’s experience in his journal: “No man knows ‘till he was suffered from the night how sweet and how dear to his heart and eye the morning can be


A View from Mount Ritter- Response


        It is the common story that people always experience the period of dark life and then they will work hard to make life better. Then, they will live with happy as a kind of fairy tale ending. It seems that people have to suffer huge disaster first and then change their attitude toward their life.

        For me, after entering the university, I have to admit that I actually change a lot. From a childish person to a mature one, I can feel myself undergo a different conversion. Besides, I love my family more. I deeply find that they are the most important people in my life. None of these will appear my mind before. However, I still expect to have the same experience as the author had. Maybe it would be the chance for most of us thinking more. Actually, it happened to me recently. I knew many people from famous university. I find some specialties from them. That is confident, hard, and kind. It really makes me relocate myself.

        In fact, I ask myself why I cannot learn these experiences from others’. If we can learn some lesson from others’, our parents’, famous people’s experience, we will save the time and have the sweet fruit quickly.

沒有留言:

張貼留言