2010年12月17日 星期五

Summary & Response - A View form Mount Ritter

Summary:

Joseph T. O’Connor, an eighteen years old senior high school student in Stanton, is the author who writes this article. He tells us that an experience of mountain climbing to the top of Mount Ritter in northeastern California has changed his lifestyle and ideas. He describes his experience in detail and lifelike. According to paragraph two, he characterized his experience to the lightning. It struck a tree only about 20 feet from where he was standing. And, he tells us what he had experienced during his way to the top of mountain, such as lasting all day downpour, fumbling with the ropes with our frozen hands, and constructing their tents in the dark.
After this trip of mountain climbing, he thinks it will become the most fulfilling and stimulating experience in his whole life, at the same time, he feels born again. Meanwhile, he totally agrees what Robert Louis Stevenson had written, “Youth is wholly experimental.” because of his unforgettable trip. Surprisingly, he starts to think about his future, his goal, and what he needs to do. He was just a kid who thought he could do anything perfect on his own without any preparation before. However, he becomes a new person and understands what he should does now.


Response:

Life can be changed completely because of an unforgettable experience in your whole life. Just like the author, an eighteen-year-old senior high school student, change his mind and manner after this memorable experience of mountain climbing. He no longer does a childish person, who always flatters himself and ignores everything that parents and teachers suggest, and starts to think about his future and work hard. On occasion, we need a key point to make us grow up and be maturity, it could be a person, an experience, or even a book. No matter what it is, everyone has his/her own chance to grow up. For me, my life in club is the chance to make me become mature. Regardless of in senior high or in university, it absolutely teaches me how to think and stop being like a childish person. I learn a lot of things in there so that I can’t agree with the author’s perspective anymore. “There will be mistakes, but there will also be success.” We need to have a lot of experiences in youth so that we can understand current events and expand our knowledge. In a nutshell, the more experiences we have, the more knowledge we will get.

2 則留言:

  1. Living is not easy, and the most impressing part is it will grow. I believe that the greats are just like us, but they know how to push themselves forward and lighten themselves. If we know how to do it, we can also become “the great.”

    I remember that I took a class at a summer vacation when I was going to be a junior in senior high school. At that class, I learned that the key to success is not hard to achieve. The teacher taught us the key is like a switch in the brain, and we are ready to turn it on anytime. After the whole lesson, I understood what this class was trying to teach us. Every time when you want to begin a task, just think about the methods to solve it and grab the resources as much as you can. Do not worry about whether you will succeed or not and try to imagine what problems you will face. The most important part is to believe you will succeed, and the factor to decide when you will succeed is only time.

    And I believe the most effective tool is confidence. Be confident, and there is no wall that you cannot break.

    回覆刪除
  2. As you say “Life can be changed completely because of an unforgettable experience in your whole life.” I would like to share my unforgettable experience in last summer.
    I joined the volunteer vacation which was held by Eden foundation. I decided to go to the north of Thailand for two weeks.

    I had some motivations to join this vacation. First, I thought it was a meaningful vacation not like other normal trip just shopping playing all days. Second, I wanted to broaden my viewpoints that I would like to experience other country’s culture and environment. Third, I liked to try different lifestyles that how people in different country live and what is their daily life. Final, I loved to make some contributions that I will feel a great of achievement to help others.

    The main works in a day were farming works and teaching children Chinese. We also traveled to some popular scenic spots on weekends. All their farming works were doing in the most ecological way. Children there were very innocent that they only had the simplest materials to learn.

    At the end, I found this vacation had really purified my heart. I have learned a lesson that we must cherish what we have now because there are more poor people exist.

    回覆刪除