2010年12月28日 星期二

summary and resonse of A view from Mount Ritter

Summary:
A turning point of his life was when he saw the sight in Mount Ritter. As being a teenager in his senior high, he was rebellious. Refusing to accept any advices and helps, he thought he could make it without anyone’s help. However, his life had been changed through the experience of attending a mountaineering program.
It was happened on the second week of his mountaineering adventure. The blue sky turned black. Suddenly, it rained cats and dogs and thundered loudly. The whole team were searching for the shelter, hopingly it would stop in a minutes. The guide, Ethan, panicked as a novice.
Unfortunately, the torrential rainfall lasted all day so that we had to build the tent with our frozen hands. That day was the worst day that I haven’t experienced. Even so, the scene shows vividly in my mind as it was yesterday. It’s horrible in everyone’s mind. “When the rain is over, they sky clears up.” This sentence fit in with not only what I thought but what a view from Mount Ritter.
The morning’s conversion made him suddenly see the light. After a storm comes a clam. He was wasting time in the past two years. From now on, he knew he should study hard and he set a goal for his future. “No man knows till he has suffered from the night how sweet and how dear to his heart and eye the morning can be” form Jonathan Harker in Bram Stoker.

Response:
It is really lucky to him for finding out what he was doing and what he is going to be in the future. I don’t have that kind of experience. To be frank, I am waiting for it. I am waiting such kind of experience to guide me or it could say to tell me what I can do. I like traveling and challenge new things, because I believe that can give me a new perspective of my life.
This summer, I attended a seminar which was associated with the diplomacy and trade. The people who attended this seminar came from every university especially in NTU, NCCU and NCKU. I discovered that they are not major in English. However, they still can speak fluent English. It was really frustrated to face the truth, but I know the reality is always ruthless.
For me, it is good to get real. Even if I felt depressed at that time, I totally awaked. “If you want to do, then you have to try your best.” that is what I tell myself every time I want to give up doing something. It is to say the experience of attending that seminar was one of my turning points in my life. After that, I start reading more information which can improve my English ability. I totally awaked at those days.
Every experience is a good experience. Take a trip no matter what it is to relax yourself. You will find out that will be a magic journey in your life. What are you waiting for? Book it now!

1 則留言:

  1. Well, I am waiting a “shock” for me just like you, and the author. Though I don't really believe that claiming a mountain and go through a rain fall will help you realize your life and what is your goal. Experiences are important for us, by accumulate those experiences we can find what we really interest in and what do we expect for our life. Sham on me, by passing these 21 years I even hadn't do much effort for myself, when ever people ask “what do you want to be when do grow up?” I always answered “a rich person!!”
    We all live in this little island, not much people have the sense of globalization, which may easily narrow our horizon. Media only like to talk gossip and some political issue in our nation, and it let us don't know much about the world “out side”. So we need to experience more, and try to broaden our horizon. As you know, I also attend the same seminar, and also surprised at how intelligent can a person be. Their eyes always filled with confidence- as me, they also have a confidence of their future, which is what I need the most. Luckily, I like to meet new people, like to try new things, and like to read some global news. Though I still don't know where my location is, I will keep on looking and strengthen my proficiency.

    回覆刪除