2010年12月18日 星期六

Summary and response of Male Fixations

Summary of Male FIXATION:

Most guys believe that they’re supposed to know how to fix things, so does the author, Barry. He makes a hypothetical anecdote at bathroom that a guy would walk into it but he would never dream of cleaning it. Later, he shared his experience as a example with us. One day his wife informs him that is something wrong with the commode. He the guy removed the cover part, while down into the mysterious area of it. Simultaneously, “there is nothing wrong with it.” he announced.

He admit that that’s the way how he deal with those troublesome things, also, he blamed it as “tonsillitis”. The scenario could be traced back to nine-grade-old. He ran acrossed with the best opportunity for explanation of mechanic stuff. The nightmare had been followed him to the college campus. His roommate, Rob, who is gifted to deal with mechanic problem, making him humiliated. Unfortunately, the nightmare seems no intend to leave him. Another occasion is boat trailer, when the salesman told him to repack the bearing every several miles. Actually, he had no idea about what bearing it is. But still he didn’t calculate to admit and make his tonsillitis exposed.

From that event, Barry had learned a lesson that is, denying. Disguise to deny that “there’s ever anything wrong with anything.”, he considered. Even though the problem is so severe that couldn’t be covered or disguised anymore. “It’s supposed to do that.”, he respond affirmatively.” I think this goes beyond mechanic”, he said.

Guys have the natural tendency with the coming out of womb, that is, to act as though they are in control of the condition even when they are not. At the end of this article he gave some interesting hypothetical example like there was some guys patiently explaining how normal the effect is when the Titanic slipped beneath the waves.

Response of Male fixation:

Actually, I have to say that I cannot agree with you anymore, Barry!! When it comes to damnable complicated mechanic-oriented stuff, I am totally an all thumbs. I think that I come out of the womb without that so-called instinctive ability to repair or adore mechanism. That would be a long story I would like to tell.

Time could be traced back to my high school life. After graduated from elementary school, the mechanic devil had already made his focus on me since I stepped into the gate of high school. I had suffered a lot from the damnable hard physics. Even now I couldn’t understand that does it have necessity for me to figure out or trace the source of physical strength? Could you imagine that one day you have to measure that how many newton or joule you use for every action? “Spare me!!!”, I screamed out .Physics is to me what Lucifer is to god. I think it is apparently to the relationship from my personal experience.

But you may curious about that what I would do if I encounter the mechanic dilemma. For this part, I have to thank my mom, although she didn’t give me the instinctive ability, but maybe she wanted to make a compensation for me. She taught me a tip that is quite work on medium or medium –large sized electronic product. The tip it is very simple. First, raise your right hand and knock the product with 45degree angle. The mystery occurred, with unknown reason, it works. For I myself, it is really quite work, and that is the only weapon when I battle with the mechanic demon.

Another point is, I think male really have natural tendency to act as though they could control the situation. May be this potential is produced from testosterone. And sometime we used to name it as “manhood”. I take it for granted that male are supposed to protect female no matter in what kind of condition or just from human beings animal instinctive.

1 則留言:

  1. After reading your article, I find most men always do what you say “When it comes to damnable complicated mechanic-oriented stuff, I am totally an all thumbs.” I don’t think it’s really the most important if man couldn’t fix complicated machines. But I think being a man if you didn’t know how to control it, you can say it directly. Not just pretend that you can do everything. Maybe your mother told you the great way to compete the difficult from the machine, but you can’t treat it to everything in anything. The male fixation for man is a Mechanical impression, so why every time man face the situation, they always try to escape reality? Because most of them think it is really shame for man if they know nothing especially in front of woman. Just like many men in our society, every time they lose their way, they always choose believe intuition of themselves. Instead, they won’t ask other people. Therefore, those men should throw the traditional stereotype away and find other value from them. You may know that whether a man can control mechanic stuffs or not isn’t really important. They can find their talent in other fields.

    回覆刪除